Tuesday, March 24, 2009

With a Heavy Heart...

My phone rang this morning and it was my sister. The conversation started with "I have some bad news for you". I asked her on a scale from 1 to 10 how bad, she said "about a 7 1/2". She then proceeded to tell me that someone from our church had passed away. So in honor of this man, I'm going to take time to write my own obituary for him.

On March 24th, 2009 he passed away, leaving behind his beautiful and courageous wife, who has been a constant encouragement to me throughout my own season of losing my husband. He also leaves behind his eldest son and wife, who have been some of the closest friends I've had. They taught me what a marriage should look like and how a Godly family should function, and they offered me support throughout my dating and marriage...offering advice, hugs, laughs, and love. He also leaves behind his younger son and his wife, who also have been some of the closest friends I have ever had the privilege to know. I walked with them during one of the hardest seasons of their life and they walked with me when Shannon died. If ever God designed a family that single-handledly touched thousands of people through each member and their life and testimony - this is that such family. I have been honored to be with these people and experience their loving friendships to the point where I can call them familiy.

I love each and every one of you...and we are sending as much love and prayer your way as we can.

Please join with me in continual prayer for this family and their grieve the loss of their husband, father, and grandfather.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Lovely.

I am praying.